Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost opportunity!

Go down 
+9
bazz23-v2 ®™
Pablo
Discopants
Doomhammer
\/Chopsticks
Marty McFry
King Macca
Cruiserjim1
the-gaffer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Who if anyone in the time you have watched professional wrestling would you say had the chance and blew it?

There have been many down the years, to many to list all in one go but out of everyone who would you say done the most damage to themselves and there careers?

I'll start us off!

In my opinion there is only one guy for me who could have had it all and blew it on every occasion Marty Jannetty!

He was as highly regarded and possibly more talented at the time that Shawn Michaels when the WWF decided the time was right to split them up, he had the moves and the technique as well as the ring prssence, what he did lack however was charisma but when up against Shawn Michaels who had bundles of it, he could play off his arrogance to get the crowd well and truly on his side!

Now the WWF were proven correct in the way they handled Michaels because he become the star of the 90s like Bobby Heenan predicted in the opening match at Mania 8

If anyone is unsure as to how talented and spectacular Jannetty was in the ring then take a look at his matches with Shawn Michaels in 1993, they had about 4 matches which are all on YouTube as well as having an IC title match which Jannetty won which is on here!

His move-set, timing and speed where second to none, if he managed to keep his nose clean (literally) then his path in my opinion would have followed Shawn's all the way to the top! in 1994 with guys like Bret and Owen main eventing PPV's it was the time for the smaller main eventer and while Shawn would probably have been more successful I still believe there was a place for Jannetty waiting for him at the main table, possibly a heel turn when Michaels went face would have been the way to go (as a singles obviously)

Since his sacking in 1993 he flitted back and forth for the next few years and even won the Tag titles with the 123 kid, but he was never the same, the booze and the drugs took its tole and while he has still managed a comeback and is still supremely talented to this day, one can only wonder what if with regards to the other Rocker!

Last edited by the-gaffer on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cruiserjim1
Spammer
Spammer
Cruiserjim1

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm

I seem to remeber Teedy Hart he would be a star on his name alone
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:43 pm

double post teeth

Last edited by the-gaffer on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Cruiserjim1 wrote:
I seem to remeber Teedy Hart he would be a star on his name alone

The guy is supremely talented, but his talent is not nearly as huge as his ego!

Until this guy is slapped into place by someone like Bret who knows the business inside out then he will never be the star he could be!
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:49 pm

I'd go with Brian Pillman, a great great wrestler that was also really talented on the mic. In the Hollywood Blondes he was as good if not better than Austin but after being involved in a nasty car crash couldnt wrestle to his potential again and then obviously died.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Gaffer your obsessed with Jannety.

I'd say Lesner.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:00 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
Gaffer your obsessed with Jannety.

I'd say Lesner.

lol!

Touche
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:00 pm

Id say someone that may suprise you but bear with me X-Pac

Correct me if im wrong but he was in with shanw and haitch and was part of one of the biggest factions PERIOD. But somwhere he went wrong proablly during my hatius i beleve he had a go in TNA

Also i think shamrock

Last edited by Junior on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : someone dleetd half my comment :@:@:@)
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Also I think a big lost opportunity happened around late 1990 when the WWF decided that the Ultimate Warrior as World Champion was not working!

I think back then it would have been The Million Dollar Man (possibly with the help of The Undertaker) who should have beaten Warrior at the Royal Rumble91 or even the Macho King who could then have had his match with Hogan at WrestleMania7 instead of Hulk and America beating Slaughter and Iraq in the middle of the Gulf War!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Junior wrote:
Id say someone that may suprise you but bear with me X-Pac

Correct me if im wrong but he was in with shanw and haitch and was part of one of the biggest factions PERIOD

Sean Waltman was in the group because he was the class clown, if something needed doing or something stupid was to be done publicly then Michaels Nash Hall and Helmsely would get the 123 kid wasted then sit back and laugh there asses off as he embarrassed himself at every opportunity!

They would wind him up then sit back and watch the fireworks, if we are going with X-Pac just because who he is friends with then I think we will go with Justin Credible as well then since he was also in the 'Clique'
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Aye but i and proablly only me Sad realy liked X-Pac i think he was quite funny Just My opinoin andi think the crwod used to connected with him but then something happend whihc i missed hence whyx-pac heat
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 pm

I liked X-Pac when he first returned after Mania in 1998

He had an edge about his character and you just knew he was going to say basically what he wanted when he wanted, that type of character would never be allowed anywhere near the mic these days.

He was always good in the ring in my opinion, he was never anything more than a mid carder although I think some of the things he did would suggest he thought otherwise.

Not entirely sure about the whole 'X-Pac heat' thing myself either, but I am guessing his all round attitude as well as that Chyna video didn't do him any favours
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:12 pm

King Macca wrote:
I'd go with Brian Pillman, a great great wrestler that was also really talented on the mic. In the Hollywood Blondes he was as good if not better than Austin but after being involved in a nasty car crash couldnt wrestle to his potential again and then obviously died.

Pillman could have been an all time great, I think if he could have got himself fit and clean in the WWF in 1997 he could have been the anti Stone Cold for Vince McMahon, possibly the role the Rock took up only I think Pillman could have taken that role up sooner!
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Scott hall.

Was big, still could be big, drank himself out of at least 10 companies now.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:54 pm

he would still be old though, it comes to us all Doom
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 1:03 am

Goldust.

I've said it loads of times but he was a fantastic wrestler. WCW failed to use him very well but when he came to WWF he could have been a massive star. The trouble was his gimmick. It was brilliant, worked really well but it was a 100% mid card gimmick. Nobody like that was ever gonna front the company but just watch some of his matches around the 96-99 period. He was incredibly agile for a big man and had quality mic skills too. A gimmick like Goldust doesn't leave you either. It's one you can never really develop or step out of. Once he was Goldust, he was Goldust forever basically. He's too old now to do anything significant in any company and also grossly out of shape. He was never the skinniest but he's a right heffer now. But back in the day he was great and I still enjoy his matches as much as I ever did.
Back to top Go down
Pablo
Regular
Regular
Pablo

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am

never really liked goldust. he was a laugh for a while. but i dont think he ever had much ability
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
bazz23-v2 ®™

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 pm

Golddust with tourette's was class. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youcan't-seeme.com
klaus494
Regular
Regular
klaus494

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Owen Hart, he never won a world title. he was supremely talented. it is a shame he passed without winning the WWF Championship. he definately deserved it and it is a shame they missed an opportunity with such a talented young man
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pickleheadednimrod
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:30 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
he would still be old though, it comes to us all Doom

but now he's old and drunk, and that just doesn't work for anyone.
Back to top Go down
rock from niceboard
Regular
Regular

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:53 pm

I agree with Marty about Lesnar.

I think if Lesnar hadn't got buried by Stone Cold and actually beat Goldberg cleanly at WM 20, he might have stayed and he might have gotten the major push he deserved (although being in the WM main event in your first year isn't that bad of a push either) Maybe if he had beaten Angle for the WWE Championship at WM 19, he would still be in WWE and still be competing for the top titles.

I think this guy had the potential to become one of the greatest superstars in WWE history and I could see him still at the top today probably involved in a big feud with Cena or Batista.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Lesnar was only in it for himself, he had no real love for the business, Vince could have given him the world back in 2003/04 but he would still have walked, he felt he was above the business, he saw himself as a serious competitor and no one takes the WWE serious, that was a major gripe for young Brock!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 pm

I always like Goldust, the original incarnation of him around 1995/96, his programmes with Piper, Razor and Ahmed Johnson was fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:45 am

Gold dust and booker t made me laugh frequantly.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Spammer
Spammer
Discopants

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:48 am

Trust me though he was a great competitor and was great on the mic too. It took someone pretty special to pull off a gimmick like Goldust in the first place, it's not as if anyone could do it. Still, I guess people remember him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost opportunity! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost opportunity!   Lost opportunity! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost opportunity!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: