Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who would it be?

Go down 
+3
villarule19
Marty McFry
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 4:58 pm

If you could see the return of ONE wrestler back to the WWE who would it be and why?

My choice would be none other than the 'Instant Classic' Christian Cage, or his WWE persona 'Captain Charisma' Christian, I believe he is in the top three performers in the business in America anyway (only real market I have knowledge on)

Yes he is under contract to TNA but I don't think he is tied down to anything too long term, he is exactly what the WWE needs, he has it all, great in the ring, an array of fantastic moves, he has the wow factor and is equally at home doing mat skills as he is on top of a ladder, his promo cutting is as good as any currently in the business.

He has never really bad mouthed the powers that be in Titan Towers and was the total professional in fulfilling some contractual obligations with the WWE despite his contract running out and working the events for no pay and no insurance and Vince does reward loyalty.

His best pal is one of the top guys in WWE and it would also be an added incentive to keep one of the biggest stars in the WWE happy by getting Cage back in.
Christian Cage for me is the the Shawn Micheal's of the mid 90s and to properly fulfill the potential he has shown he needs the biggest stage of all!

TNA have been brilliant for Cage, it gave him the main event platform that he craved and now after two years of constantly showing everyone his ability at the top of the business I hope it wont be too long until he returns to the World Wrestling Entertainment.

Whats everyone else's choices?

I would ask posters if they wish to contribute to try and keep there picks realistic, like guys who are still in the business or want to be involved back in the business instead of guys who never tire of saying they are finished with professional wrestling
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Like everyone else I'd like to see the Rock give WWE a year or so but thats not going to happen, also Kurt Angle but I doubt he'll be in wrestling by this time in 2009 let alone TNA or WWE.

I'd say probably Brock Lesner but im also leaning towards giving the Macho man one last 3 month run.
Back to top Go down
villarule19
Regular
Regular

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 pm

He wrestled 1 match for the company but I would look to AJ Styles. He is full of charisma and has one of the best move sets around.

Whether heel or face he manages to get over and even sadled with rucbbish gimmicks he finds away forward.

If wwe were to resign or sign any1 then AJ styles would be my choice
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Marty McFry wrote:
Like everyone else I'd like to see the Rock give WWE a year or so but thats not going to happen, also Kurt Angle but I doubt he'll be in wrestling by this time in 2009 let alone TNA or WWE.

I'd say probably Brock Lesner but im also leaning towards giving the Macho man one last 3 month run.

If Kurt Angle continues at the rate he has been going over the last three years with the state of his health I will be surprised if he is still alive in 2009, I fear he is going to be the next big name loss!
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:04 pm

His weight loss is getting frightening now, he's literally wasting away every week.
I'd second the accusition of AJ Styles, although his tenure in WWE was brief previously he would be a serious asset if Vince went for him.
Other contenders I would like to see appear:

Cage
Joe
Tomko
MCMG
Beer Money Inc
Dudleys (I know thats wrong but just one more TLC trip threat with them, Hardys and E&C would make me mark out)
Briscoes but only if WWE actually did something with the tag division.
Chris Hero
El Generico
Jack Evans
possibly Matt Morgan as he is improving greatly with his push

Hope they never return:
Booker T
RVD
Scott&Hall
Goldberg
Hogan
Flair
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Scott and Hall Maccs? split personalities there lol! what about Razor or Ramon? afro
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 pm

hey he'd probably make the same mistake the state he's in nowadays!
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:13 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Marty McFry wrote:

If Kurt Angle continues at the rate he has been going over the last three years with the state of his health I will be surprised if he is still alive in 2009, I fear he is going to be the next big name loss!

As I watched Victory road last night I thought about starting a thread predicting that Kurt Angle wouldnt see Xmas 2009 but decided against it.
TNA need to release him NOW.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Razor was one of my favourite WWF/E characters, shame how his life panned out, he has had more then enough warnings and second chances though!

Jeezo Maccs, ONE wrestler, yet you manage to list about a dozen

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:17 pm

I see why you didn't bother Marty, Its not nice to start a thread basically predicting death on someone, particularly someone who has probably brought you a lot of joy in your time watching wrestling.

Vince gets a lot of bad press for one reason or another but despite Kurt being one of the best wrestlers the WWF/E has ever had, he saw fit to do the right thing and let Angle go, if only Dixie Carter could be so generous, although Angle may not see it that way, it is the only way he will survive!

If he carries on like he is then I am afraid he is a dead man walking
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Angle for me is the epitome of wrestling and the most complete package going.
He can obviously technical wrestle but also brawls, is willing to a bit hardcore if need be, holds the mic as well as anyone around and is happy to play the comedy role and do it damned fine too.
If TNA did release him would it change the crash course he's on?
I can't see it. I think it may only make it happen sooner.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:37 pm

I see what your saying and you will probably find if TNA let him go he would be off to Japan ASAP to earn mega bucks doing his thing over there.

I would like to see him as a GM or a commentator for 12 to 18 months before coming back as a Mr Perfect type consultant role before eventually coming back full time when he has sorted his body and his head out, unfortunately I doubt his ego will allow him to stay away! he loves the limelight and the business far to much and its his downfall
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:24 pm

I would choose christian aswell as the returning star.

Hes not a massive wwe name, but he was around when some of the best ever tag matches happened and has now grown into a guy who would easily be a big name in wwe today.

Plus he has alot more time left to wrestle, over people like austin, for his physical ability and the rock as he would probably not commit too much time.

Cage has the charisma, can play a face or heel equally from what ive heard and some ive seen.

And hes not a "big guy" so would add to the wwe's top smaller guys and be able to pull of grwat matches and stories with the likes of: edge, kennedy, jericho, mvp, HBK etc

plus it would be a kick in the teeth of tna, which vince would like i presume
Back to top Go down
https://heel-turns.forumotion.co.uk
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:26 pm

I see Cage as a medium fish treading water in a small pond - I like him but he's not a maineventer.
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:28 pm

you not think him vs jericho now would be one of the biggest wrestling entertainment draws then?

or him returning to piss off edge?

fans would go loopy
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Regular
Regular
Doomhammer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 pm

I'd love to see Abyss in WWE.

angle should go manager for a while
Back to top Go down
Sexton_hardcastle
Admin
Admin
Sexton_hardcastle

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm

isnt the point who would you most like to see back?

Abyss would surely look like (in the wwe) mankind mated with big show.

and with this kane storyline, i think it would make there too many big guys at the top (and i dont think hed be at the top actually)
Back to top Go down
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Think Cage is a brillant call maybe a heel Christian though could have a nice wee rivalry with shawn michaels or heck even kofi
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Fans would love Christian to turn up and get in Edges face but that is more to do with Edges heat than Christians 'superstar status' - he's a massive star in TNA by default and if he came 'home' to the WWE he would fade back into his midcard niche withing 3 months.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Disagree with you there big time Marty, It seems that opinion is often taken by a lot of wrestling fans, many of whom have not saw the rise Christian Cage has taken, his promo cutting skills are in my opinion better than any other pro wrestler in the big two companies in America today, his match type is superb as he can adjust to anything and he doesn't appear to flinch when asked or expected to do a high spot. Simply because the WWE did not pull the trigger on his big push a few years ago does not mean they would not do so in the future, Vince is a big fan of Christian and I am sure he would dearly love to have him back where many believe he belongs

I believe Cage will return to the WWE, hopefully soon, however I doubt he would go back without promises on his character progression and having your best pal as one of the top guys will also be enough to keep him there.

I think he is a brilliant heel, better than Edge IMO although a different kind of heel, that being said I think he is a really good face, the fans want to cheer him so a programme with Edge or Jericho or even Shawn Michaels and maybe even CM Punk then you have must see TV
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Christian Cage makes me want to watch, thats why he is my choice
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 pm

I was hoping there would be enough replies after my post to mix it in with other people opinions so I didnt have to defend myself against you gaff,lol.

I will admit over the last year I have only seen at most 3 Cage matches and only 3 or 4 promo's.
From what ive seen Im actually of the opinion that Cages promo's, although well delivered always sound, I dont know how to explain it, out of place. I think it's because he's cutting big time promo's in such a small organization and they just don't seem right.

I just think if he came back to WWE (and I dont think he will while TNA is around) he would go straight into a major main event storyline with Edge, either with him or against him, but im certain that after that he would go straight back into the position on the card he was before he left. Fleeting between semi main event pushes, solid mid card fueds and jobbing when it seems to make no sense.

He isnt the sort of person that historically, Vince would ever authorise a big time sustained push for.

The above opinion is based on the very few occasions ive seen cage in the last year.
Back to top Go down
Marty McFry
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
Marty McFry

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Despite how his title run is being handled im like Joes character quite a lot.
The idea for the angle that ended VR last sunday was awesome but it was executed so poorly it was unreal.
Russo has the ideas he just can't put his writing into direction. thats why he was a success in WWE only.

EDIT:

Spot the typo - im actually nothing like Joe. lol , I meant to write....

Despite how his title run is being handled im liking Joes character quite a lot.
The idea for the angle that ended VR last sunday was awesome but it was executed so poorly it was unreal.
Russo has the ideas he just can't put his writing into direction. thats why he was a success in WWE only.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
the-gaffer

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:19 pm

I can see where your coming from with regards to Cage, your not the only one, me and Grecian debated over Cage for days on 606 about 4 months ago, brilliant debate it was and his opinion was much the same as yours!

I think Christian Cage's contract is up in 2009 at some point and I fully believe that he will return to the WWE after his contract expires, I see what your saying about his promos, its like he is showing off at times because his promo skills are far superior to almost all around him, his match with Angle in January will be a contender for Match of the Year although you should expect nothing less when putting to top workers in the ring for a main event at a PPV

I could see Edge and Christian Cage working well again with each other, I also think they have the ability to be bigger as a pairing than Shawn Michaels and Triple H, I would like to see a heel Edge take on Christian and have Christian attack him every week for about 4 weeks leading to a PPV then Christian coming out and saving Edge just as it looks like he is about to lose his world title to "insert name here" then they could start a faction with them eventually splitting!

I think it would get Cage involved in the main event scene right away without having him in the title hunt right away, having two of the best talkers in the business onthe same side would also generate massive amounts of heat as well and the fans would go nuts if one of those guys finally turned face on the other. Only after about 6 months though and after Cage beating the likes of HBK, The Undertaker (cheating obviously) Kennedy both Hardy's MVP (who I think will turn face within a year)

Thinking of Christian possibly returning to WWE excites me, more than even The Rock, thats how highly I rate him, although its only my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would it be?   Who would it be? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would it be?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pro-Heel-Wrestling :: Debate And Media :: Wrestling Debate-
Jump to: