Pro-Heel-Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pro-Heel-Wrestling

For All Your Wrestling Needs, Please Redirect To The New Forum http://wweandtna.niceboard.org

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Power Top 10

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Power Top 10

Based on recent times who would you put as the top wrestlers from WWE/TNA.
Make your decision based upon potential, mic skills, ring skills not just because of what they did 5 to 10 years ago.
For me it would be the following:

1. Edge (he is Smackdown, he has carried the show by himself in recent months and has the complete package)

2. Kurt Angle (again a guy that has everything, denied top spot only due to his constant injury worry and sudden loss of weight)

3. AJ Styles (For me he shall be Champ in WWE within the next 5 years)

4. HBK (Looked to be flagging a couple of years ago but has come good again especially with his Flair send off)

5. John Morrison (constantly good matches and ever improving on the mic, a future main eventer if ever saw one)

6. Beer Money (never really saw much in the pair of them until recently and their partnership really bounces off one another, hope they stay together for a while and become a really good heel pairing)

7. Evan Bourne (if he stays active and gets more airtime I think he could the next Jeff but without the drug issue)

8. Festus (drop the retard gimmick and he really can wrestle well for a big fella)

9. Alex Shelley (for me, MCMG are this generations version of the Rockers, Shelley being the HBK to Sabin’s Jannety)

10. Santino (a great great comedy heel, if he ups his inring ability he could be main eventing)
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Mine will be WWE biased, don't watch TNA anymore.

1. Edge - just has everything, he's not a steroid pumped beast like most main eventers, he's one of the best on the mic, great in ring work, one of the best heels of all time

2. John Morrison - mainly based on his potential, great in ring performances, great on the mic, possibly a big player in the future of WWE

3. Kofi Kingston - like his different style, looks good on the mic, again i can see potential in him

4. Y2J - Promo work is 10 out of 10, in ring work is as good as anyone

5. Santino Marella - Mainly because of his mic work, brilliant comedy

6. JBL - again, for his mic work, a future GM?

7. Evan Bourne - looks fantastic, if he gets a good push and good gimmick hes a big star for the future

8. HBK - should be challenging for the title, he's consistantly great at everything, promo's and matches...

9. MVP - Mic/Promo skills as good as anyone, just needs to improve his ring work a little for me

10 - AJ Styles, whenever i watch TNA he's the one that stands out, WWE should have kept him years ago!
Back to top Go down
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:40 pm

from your list here's my opinion:
Kofi was one I was thinking of as a possibilty in mine, I'd perhaps have him as a supersub.
Jericho for me hasnt lived up to his hype, a great great wrestler and hopefully this rivalry with HBK will reignite his career.
MVP is another thats just not made it yet, huge potential but just seems unable to step up to the plate when asked of him aka Shelton Benjamin Syndrome.
JBL is underated by so many but I agree he's a great heel, showing a fair amount of ring rust though and his injuries limit him badly.
Back to top Go down
Joker-C4lum
Regular
Regular
Joker-C4lum

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 pm

It's a shame that JBLs injuries limit his ability, if he could get is wrestling ability up to scratch and loose his gut he could be a great powerful wrestler, although he is the only one that could ever make a clothesline a good finisher
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Just from WWE/TNA?

I cant argue with that one bit Macc, Calum, good choices.

Mine are:

10. William Regal- That guy was gold before he fucked himself with the suspention.

9. The Briscoe Brother's (Jay and Mark (ROH))- If you have seen these two then you would know why I included them, fast paced, aggressive, charasmatic, I expect big thing's when they finally get the call up to the major's.

8. Alex Shelley/ Chris Sabin- Put them both together to include both, they have magnificent talent, an aggressive style that connect's really well with each other. Both been impressive throughout their career's but not as impressive as when they started tagging.

7. Matt Sydal- Fuck the name change, this guy will have a huge following no matter what name they give him. The guy can pull off Shooting Star's like no other.

6. Mr. Kennedy- Still hoping for something to happen with regard's to some kind of push, still got some honing to do but defo the future of the WWE.

5. AJ Styles- Alway's impressive in the ring, despite what bullshit character he's given, he run's with it and every match is worth the watch.

4. Miz and Morrisson- not a fan 'till I started seeing the Dirt Sheet, Morrisson great in the ring, Miz...meh, but together in promo's and said Dirt Sheet, hillarious, great on screen chemistry with the two.

3. HBK- Been great this year! We all know about HBK and the shit he's done this year, an enjoyable fued with Batista, the match of the year with Flair, a great ongoing fued with Y2J, been a good year for HBK.

2. Bryan Danielson- The American Dragon, been doing dark matches for WWE, and actually winning 'em, against guy's in the midst of pushes too. Hoping WWE sign's him would be great seeing him on SD.

1. EDGE!!!- Shit the heat he get's is MASSIVE. As Macc said, he was the ONLY reason I was watching SD for a month. The man is a real proffessional too, dedicated, will do anything for cheap heat. One of the greatest heel's in WWE for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
King Macca
Regular
Regular
King Macca

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:08 pm

What I've seen of the Briscoe's is bloody good (christ they're ugly feckers ain't they) and am surprised they havent been poached by TNA (not even thinking WWE would get them with approach to tag matches)
Kennedy should be there and had the worse run of luck when destined for a big push last year but seems to have fallen behind in the pecking order again recently.
Again I havent seen enough of Danielson but from what I've heard he's the natural successor to Benoit in style. Is that the case?
Back to top Go down
MaFish1
Admin
Admin
MaFish1

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 pm

I wouldn't compare him to Benoit, I'd compare him more to Regal in style, natural as he did train him, but he's got that grace that Regal does, not the overly aggressive style of Benoit, he react's more to the crowd than Benoit did, but I would compare his style of submission more to Benoit than Regal as he does emphasize on that aspect more than Regal does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mafishthadon1
\/Chopsticks
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
\/Chopsticks

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 pm

1) Shanw Michaels - WOW! hes what 40 odd [thats a fuess] and just WOW what a wrestler rumble he was average NWo put on a strong performance in the Ec . Mania he pulled off one hell of a match and his rivalry with Tista atcually made me enjoy batistas promos . As for his current jericho rivalry this is the main reason he earns top spot.

2)jericho-Could of just been sour after Haitch allegedley made him not win the title instead puled of a beautiffuly worked match with JBL . Part of a greatEC match and Was Amazing in the MITB and his michaels rivalry WOW

3)kofi kingston-Hes not even been in WWE that long and has been trusted with theIC title -Enough Said "!

4)EDge - Played the heel role to perfection however is bieng made to look weak therfore only 4th spot.

5)Lethal-Currentley keeping me intrested in TNA alone great rivalry and once a weeding angle done correctley even if it was a rip off ALSO when i get round to seeing his Victory road match i look forward to it.

6)evan bourne-Athletically Perfection

7)Santino-Comedy gold [notice how my descriptions are getting smallerlol]

8)Kurt Angle- Class let down in his match with AJ at slammaversiary though IMO unlucky injury as well

9)Regall-Played heel gm role to a gem before suspension ad i belev he was unlucky on painkillers

10) Forum-I think without this forum i might of given up on wrestling after some of the rough spots this year so that gets a place as well
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestling.niceboard.net/index.htm
invincibleILeak
Wrestling God
Wrestling God
invincibleILeak

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 pm

1) Jericho- Mic skills equal to The Rock and better at wrestling. But just hasn't been utilised to his full.

2) Edge- Best heel in WWE atm. Great on the mic, good in the ring, and knows how to play heel or face really well.

3) HBK- Great on the mic, is still doing well in the ring. Can play heel or face reallly well.

4) Undertaker- Played the best gimmick in the WWE for years. He is good on hte mic when he's allowed to use it, and like Shawn Micheals at 40 odd is still good in the ring.

5) John Morrison- Great on the mic, brilliant in the ring, and the next Shawn Micheals.

6) Mr. Kennedy- Good on the mic, ok in the ring, with some improvement, could be one of the top men in the business.

7) MVP- Good on the mic, ok in the ring. He may slip, he needs to get in the main event soon or he's over.

Cool Willliam Regal- Great heel GM. Is ok in the ring, and seemed to try quite hard, he could slip off the list if he goes back to jobber status.

9) Triple H- Is good on the mic, quite good in the ring. He needs to turn heel.

10) JBL- Good on the mic. Ok, in the ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power Top 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Top 10   Power Top 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Top 10
Page 1 of 1